Shop Amazon to Get the Look for Less

Friday, February 17, 2012

Vintage Wedding Look: Sweets Table

This has to be by far my best pick for the use of Doilies. Though I am in love with the backdrop that incorporates cardstock and doily pinwheels, I am memorized by that sweets table. Combine the DIY Cupcake Wrappers, with DIY Doily and Paper Embellishments, with the DIY Doily Stars, to create a vintage inspired candy table for your guests to enjoy. If I had this at my wedding I would not let anyone touch it...okay I'm exaggerating. But really, Hostess with the Mostess has done it again. I am hooked on this website, so much I try to stay away from it for my own good:)

End It With a Touch of Sweetness.





Sources:

Saw that Amazon carries the same Set of Three White Iron and Glass Cake Stands, as in the picture above. Must admit they are a bit pricey but they are too cute and classy, just thought I'd pass it on.












Sources:


Where to Buy?
Here are some things I have chosen to get you started on your Vintage Sweets Table.  Due to the high price on some of the items in the Vintage Wedding Look, I have chose some things that can be used as an alternative. Of course, this is just a start. What makes this really come together is how you personalize it.  There are many DIY inspirations in the pictures above to get your mind going.




Lace Set of 48 Assorted Round Doilies $15.77

Also try your local Goodwill, flea markets and second hand stores to find vintage treasures. You can perhaps find some antique books, luggages, jewelry cases, dressers to display your dessert table, vintage plates, etc. to give your wedding a real Vintage Look.  It will be like a scavenger hunt...you never know what you'll find.

Have you had any recent vintage finds? Feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment